Snow no match for SCG Open in Indy

As we drove to Indianapolis we encountered heavy snow, which almost got us into an accident due to a van reversing through the median of the highway onto our lane.  Don't ask me how something like that happens because I'll tell you it was all Jonathan's fault for having horrible driving luck.  But through it all, we made it safely and on time.



 

This was our first visit to a Star City Games Open Series Tournament and I was very impressed.  It was a great atmosphere to be in.  All the players were very polite and laid back.  The service was great.  And the event was huge.

It was great to see some old friends who still play Magic back when I did at the local Cincinnati shops.  I actually got to interview one of them (Ben Wienberg) who won the Legacy open the following day.  Ben ran RUG for the Standard Open and actually ran RUG for Legacy.  I also interviewed the winner of the Standard Open, Matt Landstrom, who ran Vampires.

The most common decks in the Standard Open was Kuldotha Red.  We noticed Mountains were at every corner of every table!  But we were able to interview a player of each deck archetype out there.

Although we couldn't stay for the finals, we ended up interviewing the winners of each open tournament anyways.  It must've been some blessing I had when interviewing because the chances for something like that were very slim.  Hopefully this string of luck will continue in future events so that people will be demanding me to interview them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment